Provides administrative support to the General Counsel & Chief Operations Officer, as well as the Chief Financial Officer. Primary responsibilities include maintaining calendars, scheduling meetings/appointments, arranging heavy domestic and international travel, maintaining communication with and providing information to internal and external stakeholders, taking and transcribing meeting minutes and follow up as required, and otherwise relieving Officers and VPs of clerical work, minor administrative and business details.
Specific Skills, Knowledge & Behaviors
(To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies):
· Customer Focus: Solicit and apply feedback from internal and external customers; Understand customers’ current and future expectations; Respond promptly to customer needs.
· Innovation: Develop and champion unique ideas and solutions; Find new ways to use technology more effectively; Promote continuous learning.
· Interdependent Partnering: Contribute to a productive and cooperative atmosphere; Show commitment to team objectives; Contribute own fair share of effort.
· Master Complexity: Competently handle day-to-day work challenges; Thrive in uncertain circumstances; Adapt to changes in the work environment; manage multiple tasks and competing demands; Change approach or method to best fit the situation.
· Organizational & People Development: Function as both team player and leader; Provide informal feedback; Challenge the status quo; Strive for continuous professional development; Recognize the contributions of others; Set and achieve challenging goals.
· Spoken Communication: Speak clearly and concisely; listen carefully and seek clarification; Deliver effective presentations.
· Written Communication: Write clearly and informatively; Create documents that are complete and accurate.
· Commitment: Strive to attain quality results on time; Convey a sense of urgency and drive issues to closure; Earn a reputation for reliability and dependability.
· Decisions: Make timely and sound decisions; Take risks and manage them intelligently.
· Problem Solving: Proactively seek solutions; Gather and analyze information systematically; Develop alternative solutions; Think analytically and act decisively.
· Diversity: Respond with sensitivity to people of diverse perspectives, ideas, backgrounds, lifestyles and ages; Foster open communication and respect for the individual.
· Instill a sense of urgency to ensure goals are met in a timely manner while meeting regulatory and quality standards and customer requirements.
· Be self-directed with the ability to take initiative and be accountable for results, and demonstrate confidence, maturity and integrity.
· Communicate effectively to all levels of an organization.
· Ability to prioritize work activities to ensure critical priorities; those with highest impact on goals.
Equipment Use & Abilities Required:
· Equipment Use: Copy machines, fax machines, calculators and personal computers and computer terminals.
· Computer Skills: Software proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
· Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, legal documents or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
· Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE JOB:
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers; talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and to move within and between the buildings. A computer terminal is used to access, input, and retrieve data. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.